Virginia State Board of Cosmetology License Requirements
Virginia Board for Barbers & Cosmetology
9960 Mayland Dr.
Richmond, Virginia 23233-1463
Phone: (804) 367-8500
Fax: (804) 527-4295
License Type Required:
School Hours Required:
Home Salons Legal?
Mobile Salons Legal?
Reciprocity/Licensure By Endorsement:
1. Completion of an Approved Training Program
* 150 hours in licensed Virginia school; or
* 2,000-hour Registered Apprenticeship (DOLI); or
* Virginia High School Nail Tech Program; or
* Equivalent Out-of-State program* (U.S. Only)
2. Pass written and practical exam
All languages offered by testing service for the theory portion; English only for the practical.
Must have board-issued license, which is non-transferable.
Number Of Hours: n/a
License Renewal: Issuance date, very 2 years
Is Skin Cutting Allowed?